Tuesday 4 March 2014

So you think you can communicate?

All the clergy I encounter tell me how very good they are at communicating and yet so often I find the curse of the global edit strikes in service sheets I am handed. Here are a couple of thought provoking examples from recent services I have attended:

Psalm 23
'Even though I walk through the IRISley of the shadow of death, I will feel no fear!'

The Nicene Creed
'For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven, was incarnate from the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Christine and was made man.'

I love the results of a non proofread service and there's nothing better than finding this in the Eucharist:

'Christ has died, Chris has risen, Christ will come again,' is there?

Unless the choir are singing Angus Die that is :-)

Happy Tuesday

2 comments:

Ray Barnes said...

We have had Agnes Deo - who she?

NcRttr said...

From a Service Sheet at Durham Cathedral: "Evensnog will be preached by the Very Rev'd the Dead." Decanal disapproval was soon made known.