Sunday 4 January 2015

On the eleventh Day of Christmas ...

Well we've almost reached the end and as we reach my eleventh (I still think it should be the tenth but as I started when I did to please some then so be it - eleven it is!) day, what do we see through the windows (You have to be old enough to remember the BBC's 'Play School' to fully appreciate this)?

The Church
Is out there partying with Epiphany - so I won't repeat my self but merely point you to today's 'Can't make it to church - let Church come to you' blog entry.

The World
Is a right confused old thing with people wanting more than justice yet again in so many situations and places!

I have found a handful of campaigns in the UK alone where people are being stirred up to seek 'justice' in ways that actually not only deny right actions but corrupt what would have been 'right-thinking' in others too and this is a sadness for me.

There are many things with which I find myself in disagreement; many things that I would neither do myself nor wish to be a part of, and yet freedom of thought and of action has to be defended regardless.

What is sad is that the many who use their bitterness and rancour to develop like a cancer on our society such causes and campaigns are not promoting their cause but stifling our nation.

Why don't we work for justice that works for everyone this year?

Why don't we look at the things that are wrong and address them in ways that don't leave us looking wrong too this year?

Humility, Justice and Mercy: May these be the hallmarks of our nation and of us :-)

Something Free to see and listen too
In fact, as I see it, The best free things there can ever be (or have been):



Epiphany

An Orthodox church version:





O God, who by the leading of a star manifested your only Son to the peoples of the earth:
mercifully grant that we, who know you now by faith, may at last behold your glory face to face;
through Jesus Christ your Son our Lord,
who is alive and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

No comments: