Friday 4 September 2009

Christian and Gay? No such thing! Part the second

To deny that there are no 'Gay Christians is a trifle odd for I am certain that if I were to venture out of the safety of my study (what leave my books precious, never!) I could meet a number of Christians who also wear the badge 'Gay' this means that Gay Christians are a reality surely.

To deny that they exist because homosexuality (I prefer this to 'gay' personally) is proscribed by the Bible also means that we must deny the existence therefore of adulterous Christians, lying Christians, thieving Christians and (insert your chosen sin here) Christians. They just don't exist!

Because we choose to ignore or assume that we can separate the two does not means that this causes such people not to exist (sad as that is ). This begets (for me at least) a really important question: Do I have the right to deny their faith because of their actions (one-off or persistent)?

The answer (as I see it Biblically): Probably not!

A subsidiary question: Do I have the duty to form relationships with them and lead them away from their sin?

Easy answer: Definitely!

I think the problem is that too many people want to believe Christian and homosexual doesn't exist and by denying it and defaming people actually give it a sense of worth such that the label 'GAY CHRISTIAN' becomes a point of principle and dare I say it, pride.

Mind you, to be honest, the utterances from some who assume they speak for us all only solidifies the resolve and pride of some.

Perhaps there's a betterer way? How's about the non gayificationaryattackyness (better than gayification as a word - has some meat to it!

No comments: