Monday 13 June 2011

Images of the Christ - 3

I have to be honest and say that it was love at first sight when I was introduced to Roualt's art (thank you Jeremy B). I thought I start Monday on a high with this image, 'ecce homo':

Psalm 123
To you I lift up my eyes, to you that are enthroned in the heavens.
As the eyes of servants look to the hand of their master, or the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress,
So our eyes wait upon the Lord our God, until he have mercy upon us.
Have mercy upon us, O Lord, have mercy upon us, for we have had more than enough of contempt.
Our soul has had more than enough of the scorn of the arrogant, and of the contempt of the proud.
Glory to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit;
as it was in the beginning is now and shall be for ever. Amen.


Collect for today:
O Lord, from whom all good things come:
grant to us your humble servants,
that by your holy inspiration
we may think those things that are good,
and by your merciful guiding may perform the same;
through our Lord Jesus Christ,
who is alive and reigns with you,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, now and for ever. Amen.


Pax

No comments: