Friday 16 December 2011

Weird & Wacky Christmas Stuff - 16

Weird & Wacky Christmas stuff meets weird & Wacky clerics today!

For, having read of the Royal Holloway College's Christmas service  which, embracing the spirit of calamitous ChrIslamity by choosing to take their reading from that well-known Christian book (the holy Qur'an 3:45-51) today's item would definitely be up the street of the College (Charlie) Chaplains I would assume.

So without further ado I present the 'multifaith' plate, see if your faith is there on this all gods are one faith statement. Not only that, it's a great way to endorse the views of the late Christopher Hitchens in proposing that religion is merely a man-made con.



And for those of you who fancy a bit of ChrIslam at your midnight service, here's the text for you too:

"Behold! the angels said "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus the son of Mary held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah. He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity and he shall be of the company of the righteous." She said: "O my Lord! how shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?" He said: "Even so: Allah createth what He willeth; when He hath decreed a plan He but saith to it 'Be' and it is! And Allah will teach him the Book and Wisdom the Law and the Gospel And (appoint him) an Apostle to the Children of Israel with this message: I have come to you with a sign from your Lord in that I make for you out of clay as it were the figure of a bird and breathe into it and it becomes a bird by Allah's leave; and I heal those born blind and the lepers and I quicken the dead by Allah's leave; and I declare to you what ye eat and what ye store in your houses. Surely therein is a Sign for you if ye did believe. I have come to you to attest the Law which was before me and to make lawful to you part of what was before forbidden to you; I have come to you with a Sign from your Lord. So fear Allah and obey me. It is Allah who is my Lord and your Lord; then worship Him. This is a way that is straight."
(Qur'an 3:45-51)

Whatever next, they'll be telling me Jesus is Jewish!

Pax

No comments: