Thursday 8 November 2012

Canterbury - Welby unsurprised

But the first thing we need to do for the rank and file on the Clapham omnibus ordinary man (and woman) in the street is make sure they know who's been picked.

So to help stop any confusion over which Welby is the Archbishop of Canterbury (elect), here's a couple of photographs which might be help to distinguish between the two:

JUSTIN Welby
MARCUS Welby

One is a fictional character and the other is a highly respected person who has brought comfort and solace to many!

So, as we seek to pour oil(man) on troubled waters with regards to women bishops, homosexuality, intolerance, a financially-floundering church and global Christian relations all that remains is for us to pray for the man who would perhaps be king(maker) and let the other candidates breathe a sigh of relief and get back to the normal run of things.

I'm sure Welby blessed by him ;-)

And goodbye to Rowan too!

ps. As the announcement isn't until tomorrow I'd name someone else at 11:00 on Friday just for the sheer fun it would induce in the media and the church itself (go on, you know you'd want to)

7 comments:

Vic Van Den Bergh said...

Aren't they the wrong way round?

Undergroundpewster said...

Does anybody care if they are the wrong way round?

Vic Van Den Bergh said...

Wrong way round?

Surely not (and I'd be worried if I was ill and either of them turned up I reckon :-))

Pax

Anonymous said...

Thought you would be happy as you are an evangelical. Not the choice of those who want and open and affirming church I am afraid.

Vic Van Den Bergh said...

Just had last comment pop up - not the most affirming of thoughts. Give the geezer a chance - he hasn't even been named yet!

(If I were the committee I'd name Sentamu now ;-))

Anonymous said...

But possibly the right choice for those who want a Biblical and Christ-centred church? :P

Vic Van Den Bergh said...

At the end of the day we get who we get and have to assume (and trust) that the man who gets the job is God's appointment.

Sounds like a nice bloke and as I'm never probably going to met him I guess I'll just have to watch from afar and pray for him. The best news is that I'm never going to be burdened with anything other than being a foot soldier :-)

Happy friday all,

V