Saturday 10 November 2018

World War One: The final night

I found this prayer from a WW1 soldier:

"When death comes o'er the battlefield I pray Thou wilt Thy servant shield
 That I may come through this night safe to serve Thee with renewed vigour and might."


And I thought of those on the last night of the 1914-18 conflict who were still to lose their lives between the ending of our vigil service at the National Memorial Arboretum.



And so I thought on this centenary of the end of WW1,
I would post this video as a tribute to those who marched away never to return,
Those who returned broken in body, mind and spirit,
Those who returned to a 'heroes welcome' only to be greeted by the Spanish 'Flu,
The parents, wives, and loved one's who experienced loss,
And to those who have served this nation in the military.


We will remember them

No comments: