Wednesday 2 February 2022

Giving envelopes - what do you do with yours?

I wonder how many churches find themselves left with unused giving envelopes? 

I had a few left from last year (more people switching to Direct Debit / Standing Order) and as there were some who wanted to keep to using the envelopes I came up with a cunning plan.

I printed off the Sundays for the year:


Then I found a box of unused envelopes:


And, being part of the Blue Peter generation, I cut out the date and stuck it on the unused envelope:



Now this didn’t take too long but it means those who want envelopes are happy - and I have a little more money to go towards the Common Fund (and got to chill for a few minutes and drink tea as I did it: Win / Win or what?).

Think I read somewhere that the Boss likes good stewards and I'm turning bin fodder into an opportunity to save money and help others who want to give by envelope do so.

:-)


No comments: