Friday 11 May 2012

C4M - is the world going mad?

Is the world going completely mad or what?

A while back I received the following from a colleague: "I think this should be supported by all who feel the same way, wishing to protect our traditional- and faith understanding of marriage."

With it was a graphic:

Then I hear of a reader, Peter Gowlland, from St Peter's in Sanderstead who was not banned but also not renewed, re-licensed or whatever because some retired bish' didn't like the reader's call to 'be courageous' and sign the C4M petition as it went against his views (which surely go against the views of the CofE?) and is currently off somewhere else as a bop rather than sharing the ministry.

Now I hear that Cranmer has been visited by the ASA over some advert and find even more are putting up on their sites what appears to me to be a fairly innocuous (well it isn't up there with the 'get over it' advert's now is it?) advert.

Seems to me that if there was ever a bunch of people who wanted to influence opinion in favour of the C4M campaign then those who are taking such steps to act against readers, call in the ASA and engage in other actions are doing a good job. Mind you if they were opposed then I'm sure there were many much better ways.

Still, it's motivated those who were on the fence to make their choice.

If you want to see the advert' - just visit here :-)

4 comments:

UKViewer said...

Having no interest in this campaign, I have ignored it.

Now finding that those who have nothing better to do, are complaining about it?

Not sure whether to laugh or to weep, because, like a TV show you don't like, there is always the off button!

Vic Van Den Bergh said...

It's a blinking nuisance all round and like you, I have kept away from the conflict only to find that I am pushed to nail colours to the mast and if they don't like the colour I am attacked.

Church building I am in at the moment has about thirty signatures on their petition forms )plus a few who have added rude comments - hey ho!).

Anonymous said...

Do you agree with the coalition or not?

Unknown said...

Yes, the world's gone mad...