Monday 9 March 2015

40 Acts - BOGOF



"Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, because he has come to his people and redeemed them." Luke 1: 68 (NIV)
If you know me, you know that I love shopping. But what I love more is bargain shopping. There’s something exhilarating about a bargain and we all love free stuff. A free perfume sample, free food tasters, free anything. But sometimes we have to pay the price of one item to get the second one free.
GOD DID THIS FOR US.
As I was washing the dishes and thinking, ‘How am I even going to begin to write this blog?’ It hit me, ’Oh my gosh. Jesus. BOGOF. He died. We were free.’ #mindblown
He paid the price of Christ’s death on the cross so that he could buy one and get the second one (us) free.
I don’t think I’ll ever see a BOGOF sale sign again without thinking of Jesus.
A couple months ago I bought myself flowers. I love flowers. I felt God tugging at my heart telling me to give them away because I had bought flowers for myself the day before. They were on sale; I couldn’t help myself! As I walked home from the train station and was getting closer to my flat, I seemed to be running out of opportunities. I got to my front door; the road was empty so I asked God to send one more opportunity. A lady walked by and I gave her the flowers. She hesitated. I told her, ‘I promise I’m not a weirdo. I just wanted to do something nice for someone today and you’re it.’
It starts with one person. You.
We may not be able to give up our lives like Christ did for us BUT we can give up something. Maybe that means buying flowers for you and a friend or pay for your coffee and the coffee of the person behind you in the queue. It’s really simple. It doesn’t have to be expensive. You could even give some of your time. The purpose is to just give.
So, how can you give?
Beth G. Harper

To see today's Webpage - Click HERE

No comments: