Friday 20 March 2015

40 Acts - Widen your circle




"A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." John 13:34-35 (NIV)
I have this thing called a Jesus project.
I can’t quite remember how or why I coined the term but it must have been at a point I realised that not everyone will be ‘your kind of person’. But, it doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t be shown love and treated with respect.
A Jesus project is someone who may get on your nerves, someone who may offend you or someone whom you really wouldn’t choose to spend time with because you’re just complete opposites.
I call them Jesus projects because I believe that God has placed certain people in our lives to challenge us and to make us better people. I don’t know about you but I know that at some point in my life I’ve done something that God wouldn’t approve of; I’ve offended God and I’ve been quite an annoying person to be associated with. And yet, with that being said, he still loves me unconditionally and wants to see me do well.
Wouldn’t it be great if we had the same attitude towards people whom we just don’t get on with, whom we struggle to connect with or who just plain irritate us? It could be that person with the slightly weird sense of humour or that person in your life who always seems to somehow push your buttons.
Why don’t you invite them for lunch, to the cinema or to church and practise being a little more like Jesus in their company?
Step out of your comfort zone and choose to see the best in people because Jesus chooses to see the best in us. In my personal experience I’ve found that the more I focus on the positive characteristics of a person, the less the negative characteristics become.
Guvna B


Click HERE for today's web challenge page

No comments: