Tuesday 1 November 2011

Is Rowan Still Around?

haven't heard much from him regarding the St Paul's debacle (I know a limerick about it!!).

Anyway, the Chapter has now issued a statement offering to act as a broker between the protesters and the wonderful world of finance. Not only that but they are suspending their action to evict the happy campers from their front door.

Not only that but +London has engaged the services of a Merchant banker (not rhyming slang ;-) )to 'reconnect the financial with the ethical'. Now, there's a thought!!!

Pity they couldn't get their act together sooner - I have met more than enough people who are only too happy to inform me that the, "CofE is a disgrace in the way that it sides with the bankers and seeks to use the same company as was used to evict people in the Dale Farm debacle!"

I have asked people whether they have anyone stupid, dodgy or a bit of an embarrassment in their family and when they answer in the affirmative (as I'm sure we all can - I know my Sister is able to do so!) I ask them whether this means that they, or their whole family, is stupid, dodgy or a bit of an embarrassment. Of course the answer to this is always a resounding 'No'.

That's exactly how it is with St Paul's and the CofE!

Simple or what - job done.

Now Rowan, why couldn't you have said that (more eloquently and with much more theological voracity and intellectual magnificence)?

Pax

No comments: