Tuesday 1 November 2011

An obvious thought

But those who are  'approved' can merely stand in that whilst those who are in a place that is outside of approval will seek general approval from the group they inhabit and the wider population and will look for that which gives them approval from the important writings (Bible, etc.).

One of the interesting/sad/frightening comments in any area is generally to be found along the lines of, "I know 'X' is wrong, but . . . ' .

We live in an Alice in Wonderland world where words mean whatever we want them to (and if they don't we more often than not just ignore them)!

I tend to avoid this subject because I rarely write angry - yet am accused of being so!

I usually write with a smile yet am accused of being otherwise.

I always try to be open and yet in certain areas find myself accused of being closed because my view differs from others (on all sides!0.

I see choice being present in just about everything (we can only really say there is no choice in our autonomous functions. We might have likings, feelings about an issue or tendencies towards many thing - but at the end we choose to make something happen (or not happen) and so choice is a ever-present reality for me and you. This isn't a popular view, regardless of the issue, because we always want an explanation that absolves or legitimise us and our actions.

I know this is true I see in in so many people, especially me, and so the empirical reality that it is stands to support my hypothesis, content that it will prove to be a law.

Pax

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Choice=Free Will, and the choices we make define us more or less. The only saving grace for choice is just that! The Grace of God which is available with the Holy Spirit to guide us in our choice.

If we are listening, we can make the choices that are right for us, but also righteous in the sight of God. The trouble with us all, including myself is our selective hearing, which we choose to use to the detriment of our soul and spiritual life.

I notice that many people avoid the subject of sin, whether deliberate or through omission, they believe it's not their fault, and blame whatever circumstance - repentance is a dirty word to them.

Perhaps we need to re-visit and understand the Gospel's, where it's made clear that our choices will be the factors when we will all be finally judged, than we might actually make the right choices.