Monday 12 March 2012

Big Church Bingo

I wonder how many of us have played Bingo during our time as students (or during a dull service)? Well today I was contacted by Nick who tells me that there is now an application for the iPhone that enables you to play the game. Actually it's intended for children but I know a few who would find it useful during those interminably long sermons.


I recall the joy amongst some of my fellow students as 'propitiation' appeared in a lecture ending a four-lecture rollover and one lucky person claiming the prize.

Actually, this is a great way to encourage the kids to listen to the sermon - think I'll try it in paper form and see what happens.

Thanks Nick,

V

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Used to play sermon bingo when I was a curate. At the consecration of our new bishop we all agreed to put 50p in the pot and the winner had to cough 'Bingo' when they won.

Caused great fun as the winner was sitting just behind the bishop as they were doing one of the readings! The cough made everyone jump and only we knew that he was designed to be the only winner.

well worth 50 p

For obvious reasons I won't leave my name {:-0}