Wednesday 14 March 2012

I know where I live!

Honest!

Man rings from Southern Electric and asks whether I would be interested if he could the amount I'm paying for my gas and electricity. Obvious answer is 'Yes' and so he asks if I could confirm my postcode (obviously not a bishop so bit of doubt raised here, but hey ho).

I give him the postcode and the response from the other end is a resounding 'Well Done'.

The question raised now has to be:

Is he congratulating me because he assumed I was probably be too dense to remember where I live and this is merely a measure of the surprise he felt at my obvious achievement?

Am I the only person he's spoken to all day who knew their address?

I have a horrible feeling that it's the former and wonder if this is why preferment is always destined to pass me by :-) (I think there are many other reasons but this would be the kindest approach to take [hint]).

Now, is a saving of £98 a year for transferring gas and electricity over to Southern Electric enough I ask myself or are there others who would save me even more? When I asked this they didn't appear to know the answer (unexpectedly)!!

Pax

3 comments:

UKViewer said...

We've been down the route of changing suppliers. It's can be an unmitigated disaster. Double billing, no liaison with old and new suppliers over meter readings and general billing problems.

We've not stuck with one supplier for both Gas and electric for 10 years. On a reduced tariff for 2 years, and price increases will always be several percentage points below the norm. One bill per month, instead of two.

We've had people knocking at our door, pretending to be carrying out surveys on energy consumption, when they are actually sales people. Now, they get short shrift and if they won't go away, they are reminded in the vernacular to leave sharpish.

Peter O said...

uswitch.com - put all your details in and they'll tell you instantly which deal is best for you.

Vic Van Den Bergh said...

Peter,

Went there and after finding out my current plans, tariffs and the like found myself apparently better of by £50+ a month.

Glad Southern Electric rang now!

Now, what else can I save money on (I think I like this)?

:-)

V