Wednesday 4 July 2012

Home Communion - Happy Meal

People often ask me what the little black box I have with me at times is.

I usually explain that I'm taking out a happy meal to someone and explain that it's a home communion set.

In a different place a conversation I've been having got me thinking about what toy I would have to have in it as this is the usual question that follows is "What toy do they get?"

So here's a question for those outside - if you were putting together a happy meal of the Christian variety, what would you include as your toy?


ps. I can't think of a happier meal than the Eucharist as it celebrates forgiveness, reconciliation to God and receiving a name (for once we were a people who had no name and now . . . )

Enjoy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could do various bits of the parables and some of the stories as sets

Calming the Storm

Zaccheus (and the tree)

Gaberdene Swine

Great idea and might be useful to provide focus for conversation and be a reminder of the time spent together.

Anonymous said...

My Home Communion set comes with a rather poignant Crucifix. Would that do?

Vic Van Den Bergh said...

I have a version that changes colour thanks to a reader of this blog.

Not always poignant and of course there's the question of Jesus on the cross or off the cross.

Like the idea of a themed set - could be some real conversation starters.

Thanks people,

V