Tuesday 15 June 2010

Building Church (or lazy Christians)?

Has it ever occured to you that missions might be a cost-ineffective, lazy, means of doing evangelism? Heresy on my part? Perhaps!

Has it ever occured to you that Alpha can be a means of stiffling evangelism in the Church rather than a means of increasing it?

No, I haven't been drinking (well not alcohol anyway)! It just seems to me that so many people do nothing evangelistic because "Our Church does it!" I don't need to develop relationships, that's what Alpha does for me! I don't need to be a witness, I'll wait until we put on a mission or some big name evangelist comes, then I can wear a badge, sing some new songs (now that's proper worship!!!) and harvest what I haven't sown (and look so, so good too!).

I'm not knocking Alpha or missions, just trying to make people aware that Christianity is a terminal disease. It is a fatal illness for the 'old' sinful man.

And it's contagious - it's caught from Christians, not talked about from pulpits.

No comments: