Monday 21 February 2011

Humanist Humour?

Following my earlier post, I have been sent this:


A rather accurate assessment perhaps?

And a joke (thank you Dave):

"An octogenarian atheist is on his death bed, the end approaching swiftly. He turns to his son and tells him to get the local Catholic minister, he wants to convert. Totally shocked, his son reasons with his father, "You’ve always been an atheist, why change your mind now, what about your integrity?" But the father will have none of it, "Get the priest, now!"

The son continues to protest, "But you have taught us that religion is a con, that God doesn't exist and those 'people of faith' are nothing but hypocrites, why now?" Again the father demands that the son fetch the priest to which the son replies that he will if his father can give him one good reason.

"Well son," says the man, "I've figured that it's better for one of them to die than one of us and so I decided to bite the bullet!"

Five minutes later, the priest was there!


Any more?

(I wonder if humanists tell humanist jokes. I suspect not.)

Pax

1 comment:

Fil said...

Of course we do...

An atheist is in a forest and is attacked by a bear. In terror, he prays, and say “I know that I have always been an atheist, and have never had time for you, so am not in a position to ask for help and would not expect you to try and convert me, but could you find it in yourself to help me and convert this bear into a loving Christian?”

The bear puts him down, places his together and says “For what I am about to receive...”