Friday 4 September 2009

Christian and Gay? No such thing! Part the first

Well, that's where the person I was discussing things with started!

I like having a blog for, when I get time (i.e. not often) it provides me with a place to do some thinking. So here goes:

I have to assume that 'gay' and 'Christian' go together the same way that 'liar' and Christian, or 'thief' and Christian or 'adulterer' and Christian or 'fornicator' and Christian and just about every other sin do.

If I meet a person who believes that Jesus dies for them on the Cross, to take away their sins and to restore the relationship between them and God. I consider them to be Christian

If that same person holds that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God and is God, three in one, the triumvirate being who is God with the Father and the Holy Spirit. I consider them to be a Christian

If that same person holds to the Creeds and can say them believing every word, then (bet you can guess). I consider them to be a Christian.

Now. If it transpires that they are unmarried and sexually active I consider them to be 'flawed and fallen Christians', but there are surely still Christian?

No comments: