Monday 5 July 2010

Easy to miss the real issue?

Having answered (I hope) the questions put to me, I'd like to return to the real issues in hand. As I see them there are many of them!

The matter of relationships with other denominations has been addressed.

My next concern is that rather than make this about Dr. John we focus past the obvious and consider why now, of all times, has Rowan played this card? After all, of all the things he might be labelled, stupid isn't one of them.

Coming on the back of his 'sidelining' of the Episcopalian Church (TEC) for consecrating homosexual clergy, why this card at this time? I get the feeling that Dr. John is just too easy a target and that this is merely a strategy to get some to break cover. If so then JJ is being shamefully treated and our inter-church relations damaged by this hand of poker that's being played.

Whilst many are looking where Rowan might want them to look, what's happening where we aren't looking and where (and what) is it?

He who falls upon the rock will be broken. He upon whom the rock falls will be crushed. What's happening to the living stones?

No comments: