Tuesday 27 July 2010

Well - what words did you use?

I asked yesterday about the words that we use and left us (all of us) with a challenge as to how many time we broke rules, told a lie or misrepresented a situation for our own ends.

How did I do? Well, I found myself speeding a couple of times and, on more than one occasion, uttered things I wished I hadn't (I just hope that 'Muppet', "Prune' or 'Plonker' doesn't equate to 'raha' - which I understand is to be avoided for fear of divine retribution) but don't appear to have misrepresented any situation for my own ends. Mind you, that was probably a good day :)

Personally I struggle to keep my yes and no meaning exactly what they sound like regardless of how some who are obviously weaker in integrity, brain and morality might like me not to. Integrity and being who I am (and am called to be) is a tough piece of wire to walk, but many of us (Christian and otherwise) struggle to do so.

I hope those who read this have taken the challenge and will (like me) continue in the 'greater Jihad' with ourselves and God, for this is a common area for all who have beliefs and/or a moral code.

Integrity is not the sole property of the Christian but neither is it something which the Christian is permitted to leave behind for if we have no integrity then we cannot be Christian.

No comments: