Friday 9 September 2011

In Lotto we trust!

Walking back in to the Vicar's Palace this morning I said 'good morning' to a young lady who was approaching. As I did I noticed she was busy scratching away at one of the Lotto products and so I asked if she did it often.

The response was, "Every morning!"

Turned out she did that every morning when she purchased her newspaper and cigarettes on the way to work in the hope that one morning she'd win the prize and could turn round and go home.

Sad on so many levels :(

6 comments:

Undergroundpewster said...

I hope she has heard that someone already paid the price for her to win the real jackpot.

Anonymous said...

I scratch mine every morning before Mattins.

Anonymous said...

That would probably account for the smell.

Glad I don't go to you for communion!

Vic Van Den Bergh said...

I did happen to mention that it wasn't a lottery with Jesus - the prize had already been won for her.

Looking forward to the next encounter :)

Freeholder said...

That would also account for the poster's name which having searched appears to also account for his posts too.

He stinketh greatly.

Vic Van Den Bergh said...

Come on guys, let's play nicely!

Pax