|Here's the church|
Here's the people
If we didn't have loony Christians we wouldn't know what sane ones were now, would we?
This means that before we begin to utter forth on His behalf (regardless of whether you're being fundamental or liberal) and it doesn't matter what your motives are (selfless or selfish) you need to stop and ask yourself a few questions:
1. Do you fully understand the reality of the issue you're getting worked up over?
(watching Glee, Neighbours or Corrie doesn't count as authoritative!)
2. What does the Bible actually say over the issue in question - do you really know?
(This is Not what do you want it to say or what you think it should say!)
3. Have you prayed about the issue? I mean REALLY prayed!
4. Have you discussed the issue with enough people to have developed a balanced and Biblical response?
5. Is your attitude loving: Righteous anger is rarely righteous or right!
6. Are you doing it the way Jesus would have? Because if it isn't - STOP IT
Unless you can answer 'Yes' to the above questions then you'd best go back to your Bible, your knees and find out all the facts - until then please do nothing that will give God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) and His Church a bad name please.
'Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted.' Gal 6