Thursday 23 June 2011

Amnesia

One of my previous regenerations saw me working in the wonderful world of IT in the European arm of an American insurance company. One day whilst sitting at my desk minding my own business an irate looking chap came bounding in to complain that he'd told an IT Support Tech's to get him something and had been told to contact the help desk.

I explained that he'd acted properly and that if he did this, someone would solve his problems (of the IT kind, don't think his personality issues were curable!). Having been told this, he started shouting about having left his universal (110:240v) transformer and so his laptop wouldn't power up.

Again I explained that one call to the IT Support Centre would remedy his problem and this started to cause him to engage in some some sort of 'IT rage' episode.

As he waved his arms and his face reddened he shouted at me, "Do you know who I am?"

Suddenly aware of the situation, I jumped up and apologising, took him by the arm to the office of the CEO. Entering his office, for his door was often open, I pushed the (now less irate) gentleman forward and asked if the CEO could help him as apparently he'd forgotten who he was and come to my office and asked if I knew who he was. As I didn't, perhaps he did.

IT support tech' got an apology and whenever I saw the bloke after that I was his very bested friend. A lesson there for some of those who pastor (you know who you are ;) ).

Pax

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahahahaha

Outrageously wicked - cetainlty got their comeuppance.

Excellent post

Vic Van Den Bergh said...

Thanks for comment - I have changed what you sent a little bit, but on the whole it's intact.

Thanks agains,

V