Thursday 20 May 2010

Little people working for . . . . ?

Is it just me or are the number of people who assume that they must be important because the work for someone who is 'really important' on the increase?

I really tire of snotty little people who sneer down the telephone or respond to your telephone calls (even when you're actually helping the person you want to talk to) with the wonderful put down, "They're very busy you know and obviously don't have the time to be bothered with insignificant drones," (like what I am!). I have met so many of them within the church and have decided that when I respond to a call for help and get knocked back twice, then they've lost the opportunity and move on! Courtesy is not to be rationed but its pearls are not to be cast before swine either!

What is interesting is that where I find myself, the people who support two of the top table members are not only approachable, but they're fun, the treat you like a human being and they pass on messages and come back to you with answers.

How funny that church, of all institutions, is so chock a block with pathetic jobsworth 'do you know who I work for' types.

Perhaps they don't realise my brother happens to be the Saviour of the World!

Nah, won't tell them, I'll leave it to Him when they get to meet Him ;)

1 comment:

UKViewer said...

Vic,

I bow to your superior experience and exposure to this.

I have often in life come across this attitude, and to be honest, your two faults then out, is pretty gracious. My reaction is to think well, if they can not be bothered with me, why should I bother with them!

I would say that in my limited experience with the Church, I have never had this reaction. To a person, whether at Ministry Division, Diocese or Parish level, I have found people to be be helpful and proactive in coming back to me with answers.

So happily, I have yet to suffer such ignorance within the church and I hope that I never will - now I will have to turn the other cheek. A Course, which Jesus told us to do.