Monday 3 May 2010

We saw the film - the cinema chain saw us coming!

Took the family to see one of these clever 3D films and the film was brilliant in every respect but the experience was marred by a few silly niggles.

The first was that the system showed on VIP seats as being available and when I booked (online) it showed only two free seats remaining in the auditorium. Imagine my surprise to find that the venue was pretty empty and there were more than two empty seats - so I paid extra when I didn't need to!

I went and bought a couple of boxes of popcorn and a couple of bags of sweets and found myself almost fifteen pounds (sterling not a measure of weight) lighter as a result. I stopped short of getting drinks in as Fruit Shoots, which appear to cost about seventy pence in the local shop, were nearer to two quid a throw in the cinema! I didn't think that such a small quantity of drink was work sixteen pounds more, after all they'd already liberated eighty quid by now and I wasn't keep to see the total sum head for the magical sum of one hundred pounds for a couple of hours diversion.

Now here's the good news - I'l be taking the family to the cinema again, but it won't be the chain that saw us today! They've had their share of the family fortune :(

We'd have been better off with the local Odeon, which is where we will be next time our kids (and our friends) fancy a trip out.

Caveat Emptor indeed!

But once bitten . .  .

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Hadn't left, was just sorting out the google reader and updating the mug shot.But thanks for noticing.


Yes, have been there ,an afternoons entertainment cost me £40 then there was the KFC following the film, another 15 quid! A weeks food shopping I told my tribe.

No more trips to the Oh dear on.

Simon said...

Hey mate, what cinema did you go to and what film did you see?

Simon.

Vic Van Den Bergh said...

How to Train your dragon (3D) - An excellent film made better by the effect!

It was the Vue at Star City.

Not a warm experience at all, think we'll be sticking to the local cinema. Only went because we thought we'd do Nandos afterwards but to cap it all the place was heaving and the queues were OTT!

Still a great family outing though.

Simon said...

I took Joshua to the Odeon a couple of weeks ago to see that, was a fun film. He didn't budge on inch throughout the entire movie! We only saw the 2d version though, but was still good.

Simon