Monday 5 December 2011

'H' - the defining Christian sin!

Yes, I've come to the conclusion that the 'H Word' is indeed the worst, perhaps being THE defining, Christian sin that there is!

It is to be found at the root of schism and self-serving thinking.

It is the reason that there is so much grief in the Church.

It is the principle reason that the world judges the Church badly.

It is something that we need to deal with NOW, decisively and at all levels (beginning with me and you - we can deal with the others later!).

I am surrounded with various theologies and am faced with so much sound evangelical teaching on sexual issues and just as much more, but in an opposite direction, from our liberal-minded brethren (and sistren too!). So what are we going to to with the 'H Word'? How are we going to legislate such that those who embrace it are forced to recant of are expelled from our congregations because of their thinking and the resultant actions?

Yes indeedy folks, it is time to make a stand. So let's decide that we are going to stamp out 'Hardheartedness' in our own life, the life of our church and across the whole Church once and for all.

And then we can start with the world hoping that they will like what they see and rush to emulate us!

Pax

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheeky!

There I was getting ready for a fight and you turn my rising indignation back onto me such that I've fallen off of my high horse.

Quite clever too - could actually start to think I like you if you keep that up.

Undergroundpewster said...

The hardhearted might protesdt that they were born with the H gene.

Undergroundpewster said...

Excuse the typo, and if you can't, then you might be one of those H folks.