Thursday, 7 November 2013
Church - What word describes yours?
And having decided which one it is - why?
So often we find ourselves with so many words and reasons for coming to a church and yet what's the ONE word that sums it all up for you I wonder?
I like Loving but then again I think forgiving is important but then again we do need to be welcoming too, don't we?
It's not as easy as you might think so why not try this:
1. Pick your favourite word and work out what makes it that,
2. Pick the next most favouritest word what you like and do it again,
3. Do this three more times and keep the list of five words (and reasons) to one side.
4. do the same again but this time find the five words you struggle with (and why)
5. What's left? Have a look and work out whether it's the most disliked or the not picked that make you and your church strong (or perhaps weak).