Monday 25 November 2013

Common Worship Eucharist - A simple Key

Following on from last night's 'Eucharistic Bingo' I started thinking about the Eucharist and how I could explain simply the way to navigate one's way around the service and came up with this.

Hopefully it's simple - I've checked and someone who has never tried to navigate their way around found that it proved quite simple and effective. So with that in mind, here is what I hope might just be a fairly useful aid to liturgical confidence and competence in delivering (or following) the Common Worship Eucharist with proper seasonal elements in the right places.

Let's hope so :-)



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just tried it and I have to say that it works.

Going to give one to my Curate when we meet later

Thanks

Vic Van Den Bergh said...

Excellent news - always a problem in that whilst I might think it work that could all be down to my addled brain and the ownership issue.

Thanks for the encouragement,

V

John D said...

Emailed a copy to all those in our team who do communion and struggle - will past one into my President's Edition too!

Thank you for this - a real blessing

Vic Van Den Bergh said...

brilliant - getting to feel that I might have done something just a little worthwhile and of value today then :-)

Thanks,

V

Anonymous said...

I have to say I don't _entirely_ understand this (and I mostly use EP-E) but it looks fun. Do we get a Snakes & Ladders version next?

Vic Van Den Bergh said...

Will have a think about S&L - it does indeed sound fun.

To use the sheet - numbers are order one (red bk) at top and services & Prayers (black bk) below - so when one hits the collect you find if in the section beginning at 375 in S&P - Post Communion too! - and so on - it allows you to find all the pages quickly until you get used to where they might be found.

Seems to work (honest)

Thanks for comments,

V