Friday 22 November 2013

Made me Laugh: Touching the Ragged, Naked and Heavy-laden!

There they were - walking along the road ...

Some  people turned to stare. 

Others quickly looked away as if the sight would somehow contaminate them; afraid to be seen staring.

Recalling my old parish priest, Father Mike, who always admonished me to "care for the sick, feed the hungry and clothe the naked," I was moved by some powerful inner urge to reach out to touch this unfortunate  person.

Wearing what can only be described as rags, carrying her treasured worldly possessions in two plastic bags, my heart was touched by this person's condition.  

Yes, where some people saw only rags, I saw a true, hidden beauty.

A small voice inside my head called out,

"Reach out, reach out and touch!"

And so, of course being obedient, I did!


I won't be in Church this Sunday!





And apparenty the case comes up early January

Thank you Ian and Mark :-)